Thursday, July 05, 2007

Bulgarian Child

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today, July 5, is my day to fast (see earlier post about Kat's 40 Day Fast). The organization that I would like to pray for and bring attention to today is Bulgarian Child (www.bulgarianchild.org). This organization is headed up by Paul and Judy Ridgway. The Ridgways have served as missionaries in Bulgaria since 1994. They work in over 40 children's homes in Bulgaria. Here is a list of just a few of the things BCI does for these children:

- Delivers food, cleaning supplies and toiletries to 20 orphanages 3 times/year.
- Distributes clothing, new shoes, and school supplies.
- Funds a special education teacher and physical therapist in one home for
handicapped.
- Builds kitchens, computer labs, playgrounds, etc.
- Provides a hospice for dying orphans.

Here and here are more examples of the Ridgways' work.

Please join me in praying for these orphans. Pray for them to learn that God has not abandoned them. Pray for them to realize that God is a Father who will never leave them and who will supply all that they need. Also pray for the Ridgways as they minister to "the least of these." Pray that God will give them the strength and the resources that they need to do His work in Bulgaria.

Matthew 25:34-40
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

I'd also like to pray for Hope in Education, a group that one of my best friends will be working with as an International Mission Board missionary. They work with teachers in the Ukraine to "...equip educators in global best practices reaching the next generation by developing character, integrity, responsible citizens, and healthier communities." Please pray for this group, and also pray for my friend as she starts a new chapter in her life.

8 Comments:

At 7/5/07, 4:23 AM, Blogger Discontented Refuge said...

Thanks for the post! I am praying for you today!

 
At 7/5/07, 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! I am praying for you today!

 
At 7/5/07, 5:33 AM, Blogger euphrony said...

Praying for you and for the children today. I've always had a passion for taking care of children in such way as this, as well.

 
At 7/5/07, 5:39 AM, Blogger steven.russell said...

Praying for you today.

 
At 7/5/07, 6:27 AM, Blogger kddub said...

that sounds like a great organization, thanks for posting on it.

 
At 7/5/07, 9:14 AM, Blogger Chaotic Hammer said...

Thanks so much for this, Susanne. I'm grateful to learn about Bulgarian Child. I particularly enjoyed reading about Ivan and how the Lord has changed an entire region, starting with one man. That's so awesome!

Praying for you and with you today.

 
At 7/5/07, 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for being part of the 40 Day Fast. You inspire me as you fast and by your blog today.

I joined you in prayer today, and in turn was given an important message by you: of the essence of Jesus' teaching and what our church is supposed to be all about.

One person can make a difference. Thank you for your reminders, and thank you for the breath of hope you gave my overwhelmed heart today.

Kelly, Woodland CA

 
At 7/5/07, 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting this today. I was looking at some of the pictures at the Bulgarian Child website and it really and truly broke my heart...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page