Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dogs

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Okay. I've tried my best for the last 4 months to be a dog person. I saw these little faces, and I thought having a puppy would be cool. We found a Yorkie-Poo here in town, and we decided to get one. The kids were so excited! He's very cute, and he can be very sweet, but I'm thinking that he lacks something in the brains department. Here are my observations based on the last 4 months:

1) Dogs should be outside.

2) If left alone for any length of time, dogs will eat their own poo (or poo of other animals/people). Our dog has done this before, but never as much as today. I made the mistake of leaving him out of his cage and in the kitchen while I went to pick up my daughter from school. He hadn't eaten much all day, so I thought I'd give him a chance to eat something. He didn't touch the food, but he did enjoy some yummy poo. Gross.

3) After a dog eats poo, it will not only upchuck poo...it will also have runnier poo the second time around.

4) Dogs will lick your children's faces, which is pretty darn gross considering points #2 and #3 above.

5) Dogs do not clean themselves like cats do. Therefore, I'm constantly grossed out by the fact that my dog probably has poo all around his mouth/behind.

6) Dogs bark when not being shown attention (I'm listening to yipping right now). I can't stomach showing something attention when it eats its own poo.

7) From now on, I'm not letting our doggie onto my carpet. And when we're gone, he'll stay in his crate. My husband can let him roam the house, as long as he cleans up the poo!

8) The best thing that has come from this experience is this: our kids will never be able to say that we never bought them a pet. But as for me, I will never own another dog as long as I live (unless I live on some acreage and the dog stays outside). I might be persuaded to own a cat, however, because they like to be clean. Cats are definitely smarter than dogs. I've never seen a cat have a hard time with litter box training, and I've never seen a cat eat poo. And they're so quiet. Is there an operation you can give a dog to turn it into a cat? Please tell me if you hear of one!!! Okay...I'm through venting now. Back to clean-up. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page